Friday, January 12, 2007

My name is Levis Agetey. I am Ghanian. I have lived in Canada for 18 years and lived in the west end for 15 years. I am an artist who works with kids in my community. I have been working with them for 3 years now. I enjoy what I do, but financially it is hard to get by. I was referred to this trip by a manager who works for TCHC. He asked me if I would be interested in taking a trip to Kolkata, India. At first I was caught by surprise, but on second thought, I thought it would be an experience so I couldn’t say no. I am hoping that it will be an experience of a lifetime.

Hello, my name is Yusdel Amaro Hidalgo. I’m 24 years old and I’m an immigrant from Cuba, and recently became a Canadian citizen. I have been living in Canada for 6 years. My biggest passion is playing and listening to music I work part-time for the City of Toronto, with the Parks and Recreation department. I enjoy learning from others as well as expressing my own points of views. My newest adventure is going to Kolkata, India for 3 months to teach ESL and organize community programs for children in the sex trade. I’m looking forward to this amazing experience which is an opportunity of a lifetime.

My name is Tessefa Francis, but most people know me as Tess. I am 27 years old. I was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. I am looking forward to beginning my journey to India. This experience is a new experience for me. The furthest I've traveled was to Jamaica, which is a 3-hour flight and stayed there for 2 weeks. I ’m hoping by traveling and embracing a new culture, it will give me a new perspective on life. The Kolkata project gives me an opportunity to film a documentary of our experiences in India.
I have a background in video production and post-production, in which hopefully will be very helpful with this aspect of the project.


I am Terry Smith, retired Toronto teacher. I have a lot of diferent things to take care of, but the truth is, I'm just the stage hand - these four great guys are the main act. Let the show begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.